The NMLS has approved 8-hour mortgage continuing education courses for the Real Estate Institute. These all-new courses are specifically intended to satisfy the education requirements set forth in the SAFE Act:
- 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive CE Classroom Program (NMLS-Approved Course ID: 1730)
- 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive CE Webinar Program (NMLS-Approved Course ID: 1731)
As an alternative to completing individual course work, groups of 4 or more can attend this course from the convenience of your conference or training room by providing a facilitator from your company. Contact us at (800) 995-1700 to learn more.
These continuing education courses provide an in-depth understanding of concepts that are extremely relevant to a loan originator’s business every day. Topics include:
- Federal law and regulations, including RESPA, the new GFE and the Red Flags Rule
- Fraud case studies and prevention
- Lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product marketplace and adjustable-rate mortgages
- Updates on important FHA and conforming loan changes for mortgage loan originators
The SAFE Act requires 8 hours of continuing education annually. Some states require mortgage loan originators to complete state-specific hours in addition to the hours required under the SAFE Act. Deadlines are approaching to complete this requirement. If you are unsure of your 2010 requirement, click here to view a helpful document on the NMLS website, or contact our knowledgeable customer service representatives at (800) 995-1700.