Real Estate Institute’s comprehensive late CE courses are specifically intended to meet the education requirements needed for you to reinstate your license. Please note: Some states require mortgage loan originators to complete state-specific hours in addition to the CE hours required under the SAFE Act. Be certain to confirm your state’s requirements for late CE reinstatement.
If you did not complete your 2010 CE requirement by December 31, 2010, the following courses are now NMLS-approved and available for enrollment:
- Late CE 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive Classroom Program (NMLS-Approved Course ID: 1916)
- Late CE 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive Webinar Program (NMLS-Approved Course ID: 1917)
These continuing education courses provide an in-depth understanding of concepts that are extremely relevant to a loan originator’s business every day. Topics include:
- Federal law and regulations, including RESPA, the new GFE and the Red Flags Rule
- Fraud case studies and prevention
- Lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product marketplace and adjustable-rate mortgages
- Updates on important FHA and conforming loan changes for mortgage loan originators
The SAFE Act requires 8 hours of continuing education annually. If you are unsure of your 2010 requirement, click here to view a helpful document on the NMLS website, or contact our knowledgeable customer service representatives at (800) 995-1700. Click here for more information from the NMLS about license reinstatement.