If you’ve already forgotten about your resolutions, Real Estate Institute can help you get back on track. January is a great time to get organized and set your goals for 2015. If one of your goals is to start a career in real estate, now is a perfect time. By starting now, you can get licensed and start working for a real estate company just in time for the prime buying and selling season.
Illinois requirements to become licensed
In order to become a broker in Illinois, you must meet certain requirements. State requirements for licensing are:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must successfully complete 90 credit hours of real estate pre-license education.
Once you’ve met those criteria, you are ready to get started!
3 simple steps to becoming a licensed real estate broker in Illinois
- Complete a state-approved broker pre-license program.
- Pass the Illinois state exam.
- Become sponsored by a real estate company.
If you meet all the licensing criteria and complete the three simple steps, you can make 2015 your year for taking charge of your career and earning potential.
For more information about Illinois real estate licensing, visit the IDFPR website.