Yes, the rumors are true. Real Estate Institute has expanded our roster of educational offerings. So, not only can you now obtain pre-licensing for Life & Health insurance, but with our prior offering of Property & Casualty, you can consider us your All-in-One stop for your insurance aspirations, offering ALL lines of authority.
A career in insurance means flexibility, unlimited earning potential and the opportunity to make a real difference in someone’s life. On top of that, entry into the profession is fairly easy. Once you study and pass the exam, you can begin selling insurance instantly. No college degree or prior experience is required, unlike most finance-related positions. So, if you’ve recently had a significant life change or are interested in making a career move, insurance is hands down one that is worth exploring.
An insurance producer license is required before doing any of the following activities to begin making money in Illinois:
- Selling insurance.
- Encouraging someone to purchase insurance.
- Negotiating the terms or conditions of an insurance product.
- Advising about insurance.
To become licensed as an insurance producer, a person must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Complete the required pre-licensing education.
- Pass the applicable state exam(s).
- Pay the applicable licensing fees.
- Have a level of character acceptable to the Department of Insurance (DOI). (There are several cases where a licensing application can be denied, such as when someone has committed a felony, failed to pay child support, had a license revoked in another state, etc.)
As an insurance agent, you help people prepare for:
- Future retirement
- College for loved ones
- Succeeding in financial goals.
- Brace for any major financial loss.
- Unfortunate events, as they can’t always be avoided.
With that said, are you interested in insurance but not necessarily all four major lines of authority? No problem! At Real Estate Institute, you can take our pre-licensing course for Life & Health as a standalone, as well as Property & Casualty.
Why Choose Real Estate Institute?
We’re an established leader in insurance education in Illinois. If you’re still unsure, we’ll lay out the facts:
- Our life and health program is perfect for anyone looking to sell life insurance, annuities, major medical insurance, disability insurance and more.
- Our All-in-One package is perfect for anyone looking to sell practically all kinds of insurance, including life, health, property and casualty.
- The insurance licensing process is intimidating. Approximately 40 percent of people who attempt the Illinois insurance licensing exams don’t pass. With us, we will help you prepare for the exam with confidence.
- Our insurance pre-licensing courses are by Illinois insurance producers for Illinois insurance producers. Our materials were created with attention to Illinois insurance laws and rules. We’ve reviewed the topics found on the Illinois licensing exam outlines, and we cover all of them in appropriate detail.
- Our instructors are skilled public speakers who can explain complex topics comfortably, and practically. They’ll communicate the need-to-know information in an exciting and engaging way without subjecting you to confusing legalese.
If that wasn’t enough, our comprehensive textbooks include essential study tools, such as extensive glossaries and helpful charts. The 100+ practice questions will help you test your comprehension of the material prior to attempting the final exam.
Read what the alumni who have taken our insurance courses are saying:
- “The study material was excellent and relevant to the business of insurance. The material was easy to understand and provided a great deal of knowledge on the different courses. I would recommend the Real Estate Institute to my fellow insurance agents.” – Willie
- “Always get great service from Real Estate Institute. Best company for me for study materials and exams for my Real Estate License & Insurance License. Longtime customer. Never had an issue. Very helpful and professional team.” – Daniel
- “Anytime I had a question or concern Real Estate Institute answered my questions when I would call to get an answer. Also, that they mail the workbook to my home when my insurance license would be coming up for renewal.” – Donna
- “Good service. Professional. Prepared me for insurance exams.” – James
Read what more of our alumni are saying via Trustpilot.
Enroll today in our All-in-One package for Insurance Pre-Licensing that includes Life, Health, Property and Casualty courses. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 800-995-1700 or visit us online and enroll with us today! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to stay up to date with course offerings, news and discounts! #ChooseREI