Real Estate Institute is pleased to announce three convenient solutions for state-licensed mortgage loan originators (MLOs) to complete NMLS-approved continuing education. These include:
- Live classes that offer up-to-the-minute regulatory news;
- Live webinars that provide the advantage of interacting with a live instructor from your home or office;
- Online self-paced *NEW* This online course helps busy MLOs work from anywhere 24/7 and provides the flexibility to complete the course when you have time. Start and stop whenever you want. We keep track of your progress and let you know when you are finished. The final exam is also online for your convenience.
All three courses have instructor assistance available from experienced mortgage lending professionals. For no additional charge, students may contact our instructors with questions about course material, regulatory insight or other mortgage-related issues.
Students successfully completing any one of these courses will receive 8 hours of continuing education credit, satisfying the comprehensive continuing education requirement under the SAFE Act. Some states may require additional state-specific continuing education. For state-specific continuing education requirements in 2011, refer to this resource at the NMLS website.
About Real Estate Institute
Real Estate Institute is a nationwide NMLS-approved provider (NMLS #1400102) and has been offering mortgage education for the past 10 years. In addition to mortgage continuing education solutions, Real Estate Institute offers leading-edge content in its 20-hour pre-license courses, a comprehensive SAFE test preparation program, PREP-to-PASS, and even free online SAFE practice tests.
The Federal Reserve has announced that they will be holding a free webinar to discuss the proposed rules amending Regulation Z of the Truth-in-Lending Act regarding evaluating a consumer’s ability to repay a mortgage loan and limiting prepayment penalties.
The webinar will be held on May 26, 2011 from 1:00 – 2:00 Central Time
You can register for the webinar here.
Rest assured that the Real Estate Institute will keep you up to date on any major developments on our blog. Sign up now to receive important updates.
Real Estate Institute offers NMLS-Approved pre-license and continuing education classes and webinars. Comprehensive SAFE test prep is also available.
Real Estate Institute’s comprehensive late CE courses are specifically intended to meet the education requirements needed for you to reinstate your license. Please note: Some states require mortgage loan originators to complete state-specific hours in addition to the CE hours required under the SAFE Act. Be certain to confirm your state’s requirements for late CE reinstatement.
If you did not complete your 2010 CE requirement by December 31, 2010, the following courses are now NMLS-approved and available for enrollment:
- Late CE 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive Classroom Program (NMLS-Approved Course ID: 1916)
- Late CE 8-Hour SAFE Comprehensive Webinar Program (NMLS-Approved Course ID: 1917)
These continuing education courses provide an in-depth understanding of concepts that are extremely relevant to a loan originator’s business every day. Topics include:
- Federal law and regulations, including RESPA, the new GFE and the Red Flags Rule
- Fraud case studies and prevention
- Lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product marketplace and adjustable-rate mortgages
- Updates on important FHA and conforming loan changes for mortgage loan originators
The SAFE Act requires 8 hours of continuing education annually. If you are unsure of your 2010 requirement, click here to view a helpful document on the NMLS website, or contact our knowledgeable customer service representatives at (800) 995-1700. Click here for more information from the NMLS about license reinstatement.
The NMLS has asked NMLS-approved course providers to share information about how to open a test enrollment window, pay for the test and then schedule the appointment. Apparently, the NMLS found inaccurate or out-of-date instructions on a number of providers’ websites. To view “3 Easy Steps to Create a SAFE MLO Test Enrollment and Schedule an Appointment” you can click on the following link to the NMLS website or go to our FAQ’s for this information and much more.